Tuesday 10 June 2014

Untold Stories of the FBG

During my first week in China, at AYC orientation, I became friends with a fellow foreignblackgirl and HBCU alumna, Jessica. Although our placement cities are far apart and we haven't been able to reunite since October, we've still managed to keep in touch over the past 8 months. We often share our daily experiences, both positive and negative, and give each other moral support when necessary. We've had many similar situations, like the unpleasant stares and side-walk photoshoots or eating street food that didn't quite agree well with our stomachs, but it's always interesting to hear how another FBG's experience in China varies from my own. Below is one of my favorite stories she has told me thus far, and it is definitely a good example of how Chinese people have "special" ways of storing their bodily fluids.


I've seen people peeing on the sidewalk, in the bushes, and even in plastic bags, but never in a water bottle at the restaurant. I think that one takes the cake!
 - FBG