Sunday 16 February 2014

Stream of Consciousness

A peak into my journal (shhh)...

Jan. 25, 2014 - 8:30 am
Is traveling never being home or feeling at home everywhere you go?
I know with my black skin and nappy hair I do not necessarily belong here in China.
But for some reason I feel content here.
I'm not sure I would say I  feel "at home."
But I have made myself a home here.
I'm no stranger.

Feb. 5, 2014 - 6: 15 pm
As much as I miss my family and friends in the United States, I love being in China because I get the opportunity to be amongst other people who think like me.
People who are not satisfied with a monotonous, daily routine.
People who feel the urge to get out and venture the world --
And then actually act on these urges.
It's inspiring.
It's a good feeling to know that even when I feel like I may have missed a step,
When it feels like I'm not doing what I am "supposed" to do (furthering my education, getting a so-called real job, etc.),
At least I know I am not alone on this journey about the world.
And it feels good.
- FBG